Field Services Manager
The primary role is to supervise the field service technician group and their deployment on service projects. Field Service Manager responsibilities will be to supervise and manage the service department personnel and the workload, overtime and overall demand on labor resource planning. Project management responsibilities will be to manage the parts and labor resources needed from initial site visit through final installation, start-up and commissioning. Position will require field based and office based work and may require travel 20-25%.
- Supervise, manage and responsible for coaching and training of service technicians
- Manage workload, overtime and overall demand on labor resource planning
- Work with sales teams on sales and rental equipment.
- Review projects, define the equipment and service scope with customer and sales department.
- Monitor cost and overall profitability of projects
- Work with procurement to prepare equipment PO’s, installation and parts lists, and vendor required items as well as to coordinate shipment and installation to customer site
- Supervise mechanical and electrical installation, monitor and enforce scope as well as manage customer expectations
- Supervise start-up & commissioning of the equipment
- Obtain inspection sign-off, customer sign-off, and monitor final invoicing preparation
- Minimum of 2-5 years of field service management or project management experience required
- Must have strong technical ability on electromechanical equipment
- Individual should be able to interact and develop relationships with the sales department, customers and management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in use of MS-Office products, especially Word and Excel
- Previous safety and/or hazmat training a plus
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to work on a flexible work schedule
- Dynamic and passionate with a strong teamwork mentality
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Century Elevators, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate in any employer/employee relations based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or veteran's status. We
are proud to have a strong commitment to equal opportunity in the workforce and believe in treating people with dignity and providing equal employment and advancement opportunities for all.
Click here to submit a Request for Quote
or call us today at 281-667-3000 to inquire about a quote from Century Elevators